Friday 26 October 2012

Juhi's Paradise

Hi everyone.. Welcome to this time's Fascinating Fridays feature and our featured guest this time is Juhi Khanna.. Juhi is a new mom and a very talented as well as a versatile cardmaker who loves using lot of bright colors & handmade papers in her projects!!! Her design sensibilities is always so on the mark that her work really shines, no matter if she's making cards or baby albums or any other projects...While viewing her work one is always impressed with the amount of details & the variety she is able to offer.... So without further ado, lets get to know more about her and her work:
Name: Juhi Khanna

1. Tell us a little about yourself.
Hi.. I'm Juhi from Bangalore, India. I stay with my husband and 10 month old daughter (and mom-in-law). I love to travel, shop and craft...not necessarily in the same order. 

2. When and how did you start cardmaking? 
Though I've made cards for my friends and family for as long as I can remember, I started "serious" cardmaking with all the fancy tools in 2008-2009. It started out as a way to de-stress after a long day's work. 


3. What inspires you to create? 
Colors, Pinterest, Challenge Blogs, Home decor sites.....just about anything that catches the eye.

4.What is your favorite technique? Why?
I don't have any favorite technique, I love to work with handmade paper cause they have amazing texture which you don't usually get in regular patterned paper. I also love to use die-cuts on my projects. 
 
5.Who are your favorite paper crafters at this time? Why? 
My all time favorite paper crafters would be Jennifer Mcguire and Yvonne Yam. I love Jennifer's bright and happy CAS cards, they always bring a smile to my face. I am a huge admirer of  Yvonne's eclectic style, I especially adore her mixed media canvases.
  
6. Describe your style.
My style would best be described as "bright and happy" though I do try out other styles like vintage and shabby chic (I'm not really good at them and somehow those are not really "me")

7. Are you on any design team at this time? Have you been published on any magazine or online journal? 
I am currently on the Lulupu and For the Love of Crafting Design Teams. One of my tutorials has been published in Artella's e-Zine, The Art Journal Journey 

8. What is your favorite thing about creating? 
Crafting is huge stress buster, it helps me keep my mind off any kind of negativity.

Isn't Juhi's work just so gorgeous!!! Don't you just love her beautiful work, color combinations & the way she has used her dies & the lovely stamping!!! Thank you so much Juhi for being our guest this week, and if you too like Juhi's work as much as I do please do leave her some love & appreciation.. Your comments really mean a lot :) Happy Eid celebration to our dearest fans and readers ❤ ❤ ❤

6 comments:

Sathya said...

Always love ur creations, Juhi..They are bright, colorful and so cheerful!!!

Kavya N said...

First of all Eid Mubarak!!

I just love the bright colors in Juhi's projects......they are simply stunning and elegant!!

Daksha Popat said...

Loved ur work....

chillin with Quillin said...

her cards are lovely !!!
Paula

Indira Tanwar said...

She is a very talented person. Her style of card making is very distinct. Best of luck to her for future!

Juhi said...

Thank you so much, I am honored to be featured at Fascinating Fridays!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment...Your kind words mean the WORLD to me :)